Tuesday 9 December 2014

My celebrity dinner party


A while ago I saw an interesting blogtitle on Pinterest; ”If you could have a dinner party, which celebrities would you invite? At first it seemed like an easy post to write. Everyone has their favourite famous people they would like to meet. But after a while I realized that it was harder than I’d thought at first. Firstly; it’s best if it is a relatively short list, under 10 persons at least. Secondly; should you only choose actors or musicians or comedians or mix? Thirdly; living or dead people or both? So many choices…

The list below is simply a list of people a felt like including today, and if I were to write another list in a month, it would probably look quite different.

Stephen Fry

Fry and Laurie, Blackadder, QI… Stephen Fry has done so many things I love. He is hilarious and extremely intelligent. Stephen Fry is simply a must at my dinner party! For those of you who aren’t familiar with him or any of the TV shows above; check them out now! Now, I tell you!

Jennifer Lawrence

I am one amongst, probably, millions of people who are completely in love with Jennifer Lawrence. She seems so funny, intelligent and down to earth. I also think she’s an incredible actress (Silver Linings Playbook, hello!). I think Jennifer and I would have a great time discussing women in Hollywood, X-men and loads of other things.

David Bowie

David Bowie is one of my all-time favourite musicians. If I’m being honest, I would invite him mostly so that he could entertain the rest of us with is fantastic music. But he also seems like an interesting man.

Eddie Izzard

I adore Eddie Izzard, as a comedian and human being. He is so incredibly funny! If you don’t know who he is just check out some of the millions of clips from his stand-up shows on Youtube. He also seems to have a lot of sensible opinions about people and the world in general. Would we try to recreate his Star Wars canteen scene? Absolutely!

Emma Thompson

I saw Saving Mr. Banks not too long ago, and sort of rediscovered Emma Thompson. She seems like a very empathic person, who is not afraid of make a fool of herself. Or get really drunk on Golden Globes… Haha, I loved that! She is also really funny. We’d have a great time talking about Sense and Sensibility and her time with Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie.


So, in the end I chose 1 American and 4 Englishmen for this list. I think that reflects me quite well.

Some people who I considered, but in the end left out from this: Aretha Franklin, Susan Sarandon, Felicia Day, Wil Wheaton, Aisha Tyler, Zachary Levi, Ellen Degeneres, Chris Hardwick.

Song of the day: ”Re:Stacks” med Bon Iver. Wonderful!

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment